Virtual Advocacy: Engaging Congress On Genetics and Genomics
Recorded On: 07/22/2020
- Regular Member - Free!
- Early Career Member - Free!
- Resident/Clinical Fellow Member - Free!
- Postdoctoral Fellow Member - Free!
- Graduate Student Member - Free!
- Undergraduate Student Member - Free!
- Emeritus Member - Free!
- Life Member - Free!
- Trainee Member - Free!
The coronavirus pandemic has highlighted the need for federal funding for biomedical research. The months before an election are an opportunity for researchers to communicate with policy makers about genetics and genomics research and the critical importance of NIH funding. Virtual meetings with your representatives in Congress can be effective in getting your message across. Learn how to set up meetings with members of Congress, along with communication tips and strategies.