The Need for Science Advocacy and How to Get Started
Recorded On: 05/06/2020
- Regular Member - Free!
- Early Career Member - Free!
- Resident/Clinical Fellow Member - Free!
- Postdoctoral Fellow Member - Free!
- Graduate Student Member - Free!
- Undergraduate Student Member - Free!
- Emeritus Member - Free!
- Life Member - Free!
- Trainee Member - Free!
This initial webinar in the advocacy series will highlight why advocating for genetics and genomics research is important, and present examples of how one can get involved in advocacy, including: engaging with Members of Congress via an action alert, phone call, or face-to-face meeting; inviting a Member of Congress to one's lab; or writing a compelling op-ed or letter to the editor in a local newspaper.
Overview of Presentation
- Learning how and why to become an ASHG Advocate
- Why advocacy is so important for scientists and genetics professionals
- How to get involved in advocacy