ASHG Professional Development Program: Early Career Scientists Panel
Recorded On: 10/18/2019
- Regular Member - Free!
- Early Career Member - Free!
- Resident/Clinical Fellow Member - Free!
- Postdoctoral Fellow Member - Free!
- Graduate Student Member - Free!
- Undergraduate Student Member - Free!
- Emeritus Member - Free!
- Life Member - Free!
- Trainee Member - Free!
- Nonmember - Free!
Panelists will include:
- Moderator: Neil Hanchard, MBBS, PhD, Assistant Professor, Baylor College of Medicine
- Stephen Montgomery, PhD, Associate Professor, Stanford University
- Sarah South, PhD, FACMG, VP Laboratory Sciences, AncestryDNA
- Olivia Corradin, PhD, Scott Cook and Signe Ostby Fellow, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical
- Prepare for a job in a tenure-track faculty position including: how to find an appropriate mentor, how to attract students or postdoctoral fellows to work in your lab, and how to set expectations for your employees
- Understand the pros and cons of being on the tenure track vs. a non-tenured or staff position in genetics or a related field
- Learn about career milestones in the academic field and how to achieve them
- Determine when to pursue careers outside of academia and how to make connections in industry